Taken by Supriya Pava

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Justice For Jabbar


Given the heavily weighted title of “Law Enforcement”, sworn to providing protection for innocent civilians, armed and equipped with lethal weapons; this is how all NYPD officials are let loose in the city. From flagrant racial profiling to blatant disrespect of civil rights it has been made clear the police have a different agenda.

Jabbar Campbell, who I have personally known to be a very caring, intelligent, and non-violent individual was attacked by several officers in his own home.It was highly disconcerting news to hear that a fun night with friends had unfortunately resulted in a visit by cops who were intent on violating his rights both by damaging his property and using unwarranted excessive force.


 
"The incident happened around 3 AM Sunday  January 13th. There was a gay underground part going on at my place. 1 patrol car pulled up curb side around 2:45 AM and ordered me to turn the music down. I kindly complied with their request and proceeded to my home to turn the music down. In a few moments, more cops showed up at my front door and tampered with my surveillance system. Shortly after that, I was attacked by those officers inside my own home. I've received 9 stitches on my lip, bumps and lumps all over my face , head neck and back. I plan on fighting back by promoting awareness on police brutality and letting my story be heard. My lawyers and I are planning a civil suit against the city of New York" -Campbell's Statement



Violent acts such as these are more then unnecessary and beyond unscrupulous. Let our freedoms be granted as humanity demands it. Let there be Justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment